Our signature service is for the homeowner who has furniture and isn’t sure what to do with it or how to lay it out. Should a sofa be replaced or reupholstered? Will a sectional fit? Where does the TV go? All of this is covered for a flat fee in your ROOM REFINEMENT:
- A personal interview and style analysis of your space.
- A detailed discussion of what you have, what you may need, and how you would like the room(s) to function for you and your family.
- Rearrangement of your existing furniture, art, and accessories (in most cases).
- A personalized design plan that outlines different options to meet your needs that is prioritized and complete with resources. Every detail is covered from floor to ceiling: paint color, lighting, window treatments, accessories, and fabric / upholstered furniture selection. You receive your design plan at the end of the refinement.
- One of three digital tools are recommended. A shoppable Mood Board can be created to give you an idea of how the room will come together, a virtual shopping list with up to TWO options per item may be created for you on Pinterest, or for tricky spaces, a 3D floor plan may be created allowing you to see how your furnishings will fit in your space accurately.
- Refinement fees are flat rates based on the length of the room(s) you choose to redecorate. CALL FOR A COMPLETE PRICE LIST.
- Hourly rates for follow-up visits or additional shopping services may apply.
Whether you need a single color on the wall for the painters to begin their work before you move in, or an entire color palette developed for a room that has none, we can answer all your color questions. Paint is just the beginning. The total palette of a room incorporates fabrics, flooring, countertops, upholstery, and finishes.
Gina is a Maria Killam Certified True Color Expert, allowing her to identify and utilize the undertones in any color and give you the right result every time.
upholstery & window treatments
We can provide you with all that you need to complete the look you desire. Whether it’s custom pillows, or a slipcover for a worn sofa, we can help. Window Treatment solutions include affordable mail order solutions all the way to custom draperies and shades. By Design STYLE carries the full line of Kravet fabrics and upholstered furniture and can gain trade access to many other vendors as well.
Don’t make a costly mistake on a big ticket item like a sofa or rug. By Design STYLE will shop with you or for you to ensure that you buy the right piece for the room.
design by the hour
At By Design STYLE, we know that rooms evolve. Perhaps you pick up a new piece in your travels, or items wear out their welcome in your home. If you are pressed for time or feel that your room needs a “tune up” down the road, a refinement to follow up on your design plan can include art hanging, bookshelf editing, revisiting furniture placement, or an entirely new purpose for a room (baby on the way? Home office for your start-up?).
moving to a new home
Buying a new home can be the most exciting and stressful time in your life. Let By Design Style help with the transition to your new home. We can visit your current home and design floor plans for your existing furniture, choose colors for the walls, and help get your new home pulled together quickly and efficiently.
resale ready ™
By Design STYLE can help prepare your home for resale using only the furniture and accessories you currently own. There is no need to hire costly stagers or rent furniture. With a Resale Ready refinement, you will sell your home at its best.
people are talking...
We used to go to other offices and dream of having our own, and you made our vision and dream a reality.
B. Swerdloff, Montclair, NJ
Such great ideas. We just bought our home, and I had gotten so overwhelmed trying to decorate my entire house. At the end of the consultation, I felt focused and ready to take on each room, one at a time. Meanwhile, I had a more comfortable living room. It didn't look like we had just moved in at all!
P. Davies, Montclair, NJ
After 3 hours hanging 32 pieces of art, “We’re finally home.”
L.Rosenberg, Upper Montclair, NJ
The wall and rug color are exactly what I want – I love that you know what I want better than I can ever figure out myself! I should have called you years ago!
L. Krushefski, Cedar Grove, NJ
You’ve made me feel more at home. Genius!
N. Schlenger, New York, NY
We sold our house that you designed a few years ago in just 3 days with multiple offers. No staging, just good design. Thank you!
L. Henigin, Montclair, NJ
I couldn't believe it was my living room! After just an hour, the designer quickly identified what my style was pulled the room together in a flash. I not only had a whole new room that day, but a plan to make it even better. Now we know where to spend our decorating dollars without wasting any time or money.
J. Wibbelt, Cedar Grove, NJ
I really liked the "good, better, best" approach that you took with my home. I had options for down the road, but not too many. I never would have thought of arranging my things in the way the designer did. I loved it!
D. Porter, Montclair, NJ
"infusing style into every facet of your life"